The program of the Mulherin Custodial Home consist of ministering to the many individual needs of each Resident. The home is a non-profit organization administered by a Board of Directors composed of representative citizens and parents, who give freely and willingly of their time.
Funding for operations come from three main sources:
- Residentsí ability to pay room & board 53% (this is based on their ability to pay or their families)
- United Way 22% (assuming they/we make goal and we get level funding approximately $108,000.00)
- Gifts from foundations, friends and fundraisers 25% (approximately $127,000.00).
We always need these items:
- Adult disposable diapers
- Toiletries (shampoo, lotion, deodorant, etc.)
- Dove or Dial soap or generic equivalent
- Linens (towels, sheets, wash clothes, etc.)
- Hair dryers
- Electric razors
- Electric toothbrushes
- Fruit juices
- Ensure or generic equivalent
- White socks
- Paper towels
- Bottled water
- Seasonal decorations
We need your donations to help cover daily operational expenses. You may make contributions in memory of a loved one or to honor someone. Occasion cards may be sent.
All donations and gifts are tax deductible and may be designated as you wish.
Please send all donations to the following address:
Mulherin Custodial Home
2496 Halls Mill Road
Mobile, AL 36606
Thank you for your gifts. We use them to make a home for our residents who all have special needs.